Manager, Mayo Volunteer Centre (Maternity Cover)
About Mayo Volunteer Centre
Mayo Volunteer Centre’s mission is to promote the value of volunteering and increase the range and quality of volunteering in Co Mayo. The Centre provides a range of supports such as training, Garda vetting, and consultancy to 400 local voluntary groups and manages a database of over 2,500 individual volunteers, assisting them to find suitable placements that will best match their skills and interests.
The Centre is a project of Moy Valley Resources IRD and is funded by the Department of Community and Rural Development. The Centre is a member of Volunteer Ireland.
The Manager (Maternity Cover) position in Mayo Volunteer Centre encompasses a broad range of duties, including:
- Work with the Steering Committee to strategically develop the Centre and the supports it offers the local community
- Implementing a Continuous Quality Improvement Plan and ensuring the Centre meets Volunteer Ireland’s Quality Standards for Volunteer Centres.
- Identifying funding and sponsorship activities, adhering to reporting requirements with our core funder, and managing the finances of the Centre in conjunction with the Finance Sub-committee and Moy Valley Resources
- Managing and developing a small team of paid staff and volunteers.
- Delivering the Garda Vetting service – providing training and information to affiliates and administering applications on their behalf in line with current legislation.
- Promoting and marketing Mayo Volunteer Centre and volunteerism more generally using online and traditional media formats.
- Managing and administering the Centre’s CRM database (Salesforce), generating reports, ensuring data quality, adhering to Data Protection legislation.
Applicants to this position should be able to provide evidence of having significant experience and knowledge of the following:
- Minimum of 3 years of direct management experience in a similar or related field
- Minimum of 3yrs experience in managing paid staff
- Appropriate 3rd Level Qualifications
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to community development and equality principles
- Experience of planning and managing budgets
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic plans/workplans
- Excellent general administration and computer skills including Office 365 and CRM database management.
- A driving licence and access to a car for work purposes.
- Must be able to work from home
This is a full-time position (37.5 hrs) based in Ballina, with some days based in our Castlebar outreach office, and regular travel to all parts of the county.
How to apply
To apply, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae and a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 26th May 2020 at 5pm.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Mayo Volunteer Centre is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society.